It’s Shrek-tackular

RV Drama Department putting pieces together for spring musical

Shrek The Musical will run in the RV Auditorium from March 11-14.

Tayla Madrid, Staff Writer

This year, the RV Drama Department will be presenting Shrek: The Musical, for the yearly spring musical.

Unlike its DreamWorks counterpart, Shrek: The Musical consists of huge dance numbers, massive scenery change, and intense music that will get stuck in your head.

There are three main aspects that go into this show: the cast, the pit, and the crew. Each component is so crucial to put on one of the best shows Ralston Valley has ever seen.

Senior Hunter Call will be bringing to life Lord Farquaad this spring and said that he is extremely excited to be a part of this show.

“I really like this show because it is just so much fun and because the villain is the best character to play,” Call said.

As for Call’s favorite part of the show, well, let him explain.

“When Lord Farquaad has his dancing part, it’s the best for so many different reasons,” Call said.

Junior Juilanna Desiato, who will be playing her second instrument, the Violin, in the pit is super stoked for the show, having first being a part of stage crew her sophomore year then becoming a part of the pit last year during Pippin.

“All the different music we get to play is the best,” Desiato said, “and the humor of the show is just the best.”

Senior Tia Crane also is thrilled for the show, especially the building process for the show. The entire set is crafted in less than two months by students who come in and craft the set specifically for that show.

“Being able to move the set around during rehearsals and the actual show nights is this huge adrenaline rush,” Crane said. “Having to get a set piece changed within 15 seconds; it’s an unimaginable feeling. “

Shrek: The Musical runs March 11-14.

It is a laugh riot and is for the whole family to go out and see all together.