Morning Announcements for Tuesday, October 13, 2015

RV Staff Report, Staff Writer

Remember tomorrow is a Silver Day!  Juniors, if you are registered, and have paid to take the PSAT, remember that the test is tomorrow in the gym!  Please arrive by 7:15 a.m. and bring your student ID or state ID, two #2 pencils and an approved calculator.  No food, drinks, or cell phones allowed, or you will be asked to leave and your test will not be scored.  If you have 1st lunch on silver days, please bring a lunch with you.  If you have any questions, see your counselor.

Anyone who ordered a “Class” t-shirt during the Mustang Madness sale may now come by the Main Office to pick up your shirt.

This is your final week to prepare you Reflections entries.  The deadline is this Friday, October 16.  Turn all entries in to the Main Office.

If you are struggling with a tobacco addiction and would like some support kicking the habit, or would like to help someone close to you to quit, consider joining the NOT Program (Not-On Tobacco).  There are no academic or athletic consequences for participating; we’re simply here to help you stop.  The first meeting will be this Thursday, October 15 at 3:15 p.m. in C2231. For more information see Ms Lyons in C2231.  Snacks and prizes will be provided!

Juniors and Seniors interested in being Outdoor Lab Leaders for Sierra, VanArsdale, Coal Creek and Westwoods should attend an information meeting this Thursday from 7:25 – 7:45 a.m. in the Counseling Office.

Homecoming News:

• Tomorrow’s dress up day is Dress Up, or, Dress Down. You pick…come to school super fancy or just come like you rolled out of bed.
  • One of RVs greatest traditions is our Powder Puff tournament, where junior and senior girls will compete for the ultimate title:  Powder Puff Champ 2015!  Tomorrow, right after school, head up at the baseball fields starting at 3:30 p.m., and the fierce competition will begin!  Be sure to stop by at the concession stand to put your name in for a drawing for a free homecoming ticket.
  • After the Powder Puff tournament, stick around for the Bonfire from 7:30 – 9:00 p.m.  There will be a DJ, hot chocolate and cookies.  Everyone will be there, will you?
  • Pre-Sale Homecoming Tickets are on sale today and tomorrow.  The cost is $15 – CASH ONLY during both lunches.  You may only bring one non-rv guest to the dance.  Buy early and avoid the $20 charge at the door.
  • Are you bringing a guest to Homecoming that does not attend RV? Be sure to pick up a permission slip in the Main Office, they are due today.
  • Attention Student Drivers: Part of the student parking lot will be blocked off all day tomorrow as we set up for the Bonfire.  Try to carpool tomorrow, as parking will be limited.

Counseling Office College Visits:

TODAY

• Colorado College here at 1:30 p.m.
  • Arizona State University here at 2:00 p.m.

Tomorrow

• Bryn Mawr College here at 12:00p.m.
  • Hofstra University here at 1:30 p.m.

Thursday, October 15

• Fort Hays State University here at 11:30

Interested students should come down at these times.