Morning Announcements for Tuesday, October 27, 2015

RV Staff Report, Staff Writer

The NEW North Parking Lot has officially opened!!  Special passes will be sold over the next few weeks to allow students to park in the north lot only!  The cost for this pass has been prorated to $87.50.  Junior or Seniors who wish to purchase one of these passes should bring a check (made out to RVHS) and take it to Campus Security now through Friday, November 6.  Any remaining passes will be issued to sophomores through a lottery.  To sign up for the lottery simply fill out the “Parking Application” by going to rvmustangs.org., go to Quick Links and Find Parking Application.

Jostens returns to RV today, tomorrow & Thursday to take ring & graduation orders.  Jostens will be located in the lobby during lunches.  These are the only days that Jostens will be in the building to assist you with your ordering.  Students who need ring or graduations packets should come to the Main Office.

The Ralston Valley Blood Drive is Tuesday, November 3.  Help save a life and donate blood!  You can register in the lobby during both lunches all this week.

Trick or Treat Street is this Wednesday, October 28th from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.  We are in need of donations of candy to be given out to the little trick-or-treaters.  If you’d like to donate some candy for the evening, please contact Mr. Grau in English or Mrs. Spirk in Science.

If you would like to help out with Trick-or-Treat Street, but you don’t belong to a club, STRIVE is opening up opportunities for all students to get involved.  Sign up with Ms Braketa in the math office by tomorrow.

Students who have not picked up their Practice ACT scores should come to the Counseling Office today to pick them up.

Counseling Office College Visits:

TODAY

• Grand Canyon University will be here at 10:00 a.m.

Tomorrow

• U.S. Air Force Reserve will be in the cafeteria from 11:00 a.m.  – 1:00 p.m.

Thursday, October 29

• University of Denver here at 11:00 a.m.

Interested students should come down at these times.

Congratulations to all of our RV Mountain Bikers on a GREAT season!  Seventeen of our riders competed in this weekend’s State Championship races in Eagle, CO.  The top 50 finishers included Elizabeth McInroy, Logan Shreck, Darric Roark, Tanner Davis, Ian Fromm and Tyler Krug.  Thanks for a great season Mustangs!

Vanderhoof Elementary is looking for Program leaders for part – time employment at Kids Adventures.  This is a paying job. Go to Counseling for more information.