Morning Announcements for Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Come join the Kendama Club in Ms. Warringtons room, E2241, every Thursday morning from 8-9 a.m.

Come join the Kendama Club in Ms. Warrington’s room, E2241, every Thursday morning from 8-9 a.m.

RV Staff Report, Staff Report

TODAY is your FINAL opportunity to personally meet with Jostens and turn in ring and graduation orders.  They will be in the lobby during lunches.  If you are unable to turn in your order at this time, you will need to mail it to Jostens yourself.

The DEADLINE to turn in athletic paperwork for winter sports is this Friday, November 6!!  Only fully completed paperwork will be accepted with your $150 athletic fee.  If we already have your athletic paperwork from a fall sport, we will only need the $150 athletic fee.  You can find the paperwork in the athletic office or on the athletic page at rvmustangs.org.

Girl’s lacrosse will be holding three open gyms at the Apex Field House at 5724 Oak Street on November 9th, November 17th and December 7th from 3:30 – 4:55 p.m.  All current players and beginners interested in starting lacrosse this season are welcome to come.  This is a great, no pressure opportunity for new players to start learning the game and basic skills, and for experienced players to start preparing for the season.

Attention all Spanish students!  The next meeting for El Club de Espanol is tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. in T1133.  Hasta luego!

Join Kendama Club!  They meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 – 9:00a.m. in E2241.  Kendama is a Japanese game of skill.  This ball and cup game strengthens hand eye coordination, balance, and reflex.  Come learn Kendama and have fun.  There will be doughnuts.

A representative from Bethany College will be in the Counseling Office tomorrow at 9:30 a.m.  Interested students should come down at this time.

Red Rocks Community College of Lakewood will host an Open House tomorrow from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.  You may see the Counseling window or Log in to NAVIANCE for more information on any upcoming college or university visits.

Students interested in Metropolitan State University of Denver should attend their Open House on Saturday, November 7 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.   Students who attend can:  Begin the admission process, get help with financial aid and scholarships, learn what to expect the first semester and meet professors.  The $25 application fee will be waived  for students who apply during the Open House.  Go to Counseling for more information.

Have you ever dreamed of attending college out-of-state?  Is the west coast calling your name?

If so, you and your parents should attend RV’s first ever Spring Break College Visitation Tour meeting tomorrow at 5:30 p.m. in the Counseling Office.  The tour includes visits to:  UCLA, Pepperdine, Pomona, Harvey Mudd, Pitzer, Scripps, Claremont McKenna, UC Irvinve, UC San Diego, USC and Cal Tech.   For more information see Mrs. Stockmar in Counseling.