Morning Announcements for Wednesday, November 18, 2015

RV Staff Report, Staff Report

Tomorrow is the last day that Outreach Club will be collecting items to put in “Care Packages” for our military troops who will not be home this Thanksgiving.  They are collecting: non-perishable foods, jerky, sunflower seeds, flavored drink packets, sunscreen, games, cards, shampoo/body wash, books and anything else you think will benefit them.  The bins are located in the lobby.  Also, please drop by E2251 to write a note to our troops to put in the care packages and if you would like to donate money for postage.  Let’s reach out to our TROOPS!

RV will take on Valor Christian High School this Friday, November 20 at 6:00 p.m.  Ticket prices are: $8 for adults and $5 for seniors & students 5 years and older.  The game is at Valor Christian located at 3775 Grace Boulevard; Highlands Ranch.  The Athletics/Attendance Office will be selling tickets on Thursday from 7:30 a.m.  – 3:00 p.m. and Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.  Paying with Small Bills Preferred!

Do you love food? Are you interested in visiting Italy?  You can do both in the summer of 2017 with your friends!!  If you’re interested, come to W2223 tomorrow from 8:00 – 8:30 a.m. for more information.

Need help getting prepared for the December National ACT?  Sycamore Learning Company will be offering an ACT Prep Course TODAY and tomorrow from 6:30 – 9:00 .pm.  The cost is $89 and the class will meet in W2223.  See the Counseling website under the testing tab for more information and directions on how to register.

Don’t forget to bring in your canned food and dry goods for Thanksgiving baskets.  Cash donations are also accepted.  Donations are due TODAY.  Help families in the Arvada Community who are less fortunate.

Are you interested in the exciting field of sports medicine?  Would you like to have the opportunity to work with our on-site Athletic Trainer, Lindsay Anderson and the various sports teams here at RV.  Mrs. Anderson is looking for students who are friendly, outgoing and have after school availability. Come meet the outstanding Athletic Training staff at a meeting tomorrow at 3:30 p.m. in the Athletic Training Room, located between the two gyms.

A representative from the United States Army Reserve will be in the cafeteria TODAY from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and Barbizon Modeling will be in the cafeteria tomorrow from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.  Interested students should come down at these times.