The Polls Are in

Democrats and Republican front runners continue to battle it out to get the nomination from their party.

www.dailymail.co.uk

With the upcoming primaries, candidates are trying harder more than ever to secure the vote for their party.

Evan Roshak, Staff Writer

With less than a week until the first votes are cast in key early voting states such as Iowa and New Hampshire, the race for the people’s support is heating up on both sides of the isle.

Donkeys are a brawling. Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton has started to truly feel the Bern as independent Vermont senator, Bernie Sanders has seen a dramatic bump in the polls in both Iowa and New Hampshire. In New Hampshire, Sanders leads former secretary of state Hillary Clinton by nearly 13 points according to an assortment of studies collected by Real Clear Politics on January 23rd, 2016.

Perhaps an even more unprecedented upset is being reported out of Iowa, as Sanders leads Clinton by as much as eight points according to a recent CNN polling data. Despite a historic endorsement from the Des Moines Register, Hillary Clinton is struggling to keep her lead across the nation with voting edging closer and closer.

On the other side of the spectrum, anti-establishment talking heads continue to dominate republican polls. In New Hampshire, business mogul Donald Trump dominates the diverse field by over 20 points according to Real Clear Politics.

However, Trump’s undisputed lead becomes quite contentious in Iowa as far right Texas senator Ted Cruz has managed to tap into the evangelical vote to secure an acute marginal 2 point lead.

While the results of these primaries and caucuses may not be set in stone for the time being, their effects most certainly are. The winners of early voting states can expect to see a bump in national polls in the race for the White House.

If you are a student at RV and hope to participate in the American democratic process, make sure to be at least 18 and register to either the democratic or Republican Party by February 1st in order to vote for the candidate of your choosing.

For more political coverage, stay tuned to the https://rvhsreview.org/