MENU

Spiking for a Cause

In order to help make money for Make-A-Wish, the students at Ralston Valley participate in the yearly volleyball tournament.

As the two teams fight for to win the championship, they're also fighting for a good cause.

Jenni Kinney

Jenni Kinney

Jenni Kinney, Staff Writer

Known for his athleticism on the baseball and football fields, Reed Hutchin is a recognized athlete. He is a senior this year and has attended all four years at Ralston Valley.

School isn’t the only thing he has done all four years at Ralston Valley. Hutchin has competed in the volleyball tournament for Make-A-Wish foundation the past three years and is playing again this year.

Competing with the same group of friends every year, a strong team has been formed. This year his team name is the “Raiders”.

“Tanner Hautptman started our group freshman year and has kept us together throughout high school. I play because I care about Make-A-Wish, but also because it is a great bonding experience for our friend group.”

From freshmen year, to senior year, Reed has played in the annual volleyball tournament each year.

Jenni Kinney

Dressed in all black the team showed skill and experience.

Unfortunately, they suffered some losses during the tournament and did not come out on top. Reed has other reasons for playing in the tournament though.

When asked why [he plays] he said, “I am not good at volleyball, but I do this tournament to have a fun time with friends and play for a good cause.”

As any competitive person would do, Reed Hutchin plays to win even if the prize is only the good feeling of helping the Make-A-Wish foundation.