Gettin’ Down at the D-Note

RV Jazz Ensemble plays local show in Old Town

Photo Courtesy of Kristin Kembel

Members of the RV Jazz Ensemble entertained a community audience at the D-Note in Old Town Arvada on Tuesday, Nov. 11.

Tessa Petersen, Staff Writer

Down at the D-note, the Ralston Valley Jazz ensemble played various tunes on Tuesday night, which got listeners to groove.

With 22 in their ensemble, they blew the house away with an hour’s worth of improvised solos and amusing choreography.

Playing entertaining songs like Malaguena — sounding like an Egyptian samba — to ballets, they created an atmosphere that made the crowd fixate on them and just got listeners grooving to the beat.

Asking for the audience’s help to honor our veterans, the crowd stood and joined in the singing of God Bless America.

Sophomore Lia Arnold, a saxophonist said, “The solos turned out really good tonight, better than in practice.”

Many solos blew the house away with great presence and creativity.

Sophomore David Mitchell, on the bass trombone, got the audience off their chairs, dancing, during the song Run With It.

“The jazz band is rockin’ this year,” said junior Kelli Klipka. “Anytime you hear we got a show, come out and see us play.”

The Jazz ensemble left listeners craving more of the enticing atmosphere they created with every song played to its fullest.