RV earns prestigious John Irwin Award…Again

Ralston Valley was one of four Jeffco high schools to earn the prestigious John Irwin Award of Excellence.

RV Staff Report

from Principal Mr. Gavan Goodrich

Each year the State of Colorado selects schools for the John Irwin Awards, which are given to schools that demonstrate excellent academic achievement. On the three-year school performance framework that is used by the state to evaluate schools, these schools “exceed” expectations on the academic achievement indicator. (For more information on the School Performance Framework, please see SchoolView.org.)

The Excellence Awards are named for a true friend and visionary of education, former Colorado State Representative, John J. Irwin. See more at: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeawards/johnirwin#sthash.hJ3q5k1C.dpuf

Ralston Valley is proud to be selected as one of only 25 high schools out of 363 in Colorado to receive the Irwin Award of Excellence. RV was one of only four high schools in Jeffco selected. The reward is a reflection of our teachers’ efforts to prepare our students for their state assessments, as well as our students’ academic growth over the past three years. Our students play a key part in the ongoing excellent performance.

As we move to CMAS and PARCC testing in the near future, Ralston Valley will continue to strive for outstanding academic performance on state and national assessments, which are true reflections of students’ effort and learning.