Morning Announcements for Thursday, October 8

Fighting the War on Breast Cancer T-Shirts are on sale in the Athletics/Attendance office for $10.

Image courtesy of Rachel Loyd

‘Fighting the War on Breast Cancer’ T-Shirts are on sale in the Athletics/Attendance office for $10.

RV Staff Report, Staff Report

Next week is Homecoming Week!   Please note that Monday will be a White Day, Tuesday a Blue Day, Wednesday a Silver Day, Thursday a White Day and Friday a Blue Day.  Thursday we will have an Assembly schedule for the morning.  You can find the Assembly Schedule posted in the windows of the Main Office, Counseling, Athletic/Attendance and Library. 

If you have not yet picked up your Academic Award, please come to the Main Office ASAP!

Students and Staff:  You can support Breast Cancer research, the Lisa Nelson Memorial Scholarship and your Ralston Valley football team by purchasing your 3rd Annual Pink Football T-shirt today in the Athletics/Attendance office.  The cost is $10 for size small – XL, double and triple XL are $15.  Get yours before there gone!!!

The Annual Mustang Stampede is the first homecoming event of 2015.  We have extended pre-registration through this Thursday. The price is $10, and all proceeds go the Lisa Nelson Memorial Scholarship which will benefit two student athletes at RV. There will also be a free pancake breakfast.  Registration forms can be found on rvmustangs.org and turned in to the Main Office. Tell your neighbors, tell your family, and tell your friends, it is sure to be a great morning!

Homecoming tickets are on sale now through Wednesday, October 14th. You may purchase tickets for $15 (CASH ONLY) during both lunches in the lobby. You may only bring one non-rv guest to the dance.  Buy Homecoming tickets early and avoid the $20 charge at the door.

Come compete in a Homecoming Class competition by decorating your class hallway for Homecoming.  Attend on Monday, October 12 at 3:30 p.m.  Freshmen and Seniors are in the L hallway, while sophomores and juniors are in R hallway.  This is a great way to earn NHS hours and your class will earn points towards the spirit stick at the assembly.

The Athletic Office is now collecting athletic paperwork for winter sports.  Only fully completed paperwork will be accepted with your $150 athletic fee.  If we already have your athletic paperwork from a fall sport, we will only need the $150 athletic fee.  The deadline to turn in paperwork is Friday, November 6.  You can find the paperwork in the athletic office or on the athletic page at rvmustangs.org.

Seniors:  It’s never too early to apply for scholarships.  The Daniels Scholarship Program provides a 4 year annually-renewable college scholarship for seniors who demonstrate exceptional character, leadership, and a commitment to serving their communities.  Go to Counseling for more information.

Counseling Office College Visits:

TODAY

• University of Minnesota – Morris here at 9:30 a.m.
  • College of Saint Benedict here at 11:30 a.m.
  • Saint John’s University here at 11:30 a.m.
  • Brandeis University here at 1:30 p.m.

Friday, October 9

• Whitworth University here at 9:00 a.m.
  • University of South Florida – Tampa here at 9:30 a.m.
  • Savannah College of Art and Design here at 10:00 a.m.
  • Butler University here at 12:00 p.m.
  • Hollins University here 1:30 p.m.

Monday, October 12

• University of Central Florida here at 10:30 a.m.

Interested students should come down at these times.

Upcoming Area College Visits:

TODAY

• Out-of-State College Fair at Lakewood High School from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.

Sunday, October 11

• Denver National College Fair at Denver Mart from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
  • Boston University at Denver Marriott Tech Center at 6:30 p.m.
  • Washington University – St. Louis at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek at 7:00 p.m.

You may see the Counseling window or Log in to NAVIANCE for more information on any upcoming college or university visits.