Morning Announcements for Monday, October 12, 2015

Photographer: Joshua Nathanson

Monday is all about pride and patriotism at RV for the start of Homecoming Week. Make sure to wear your red, white and blue.

RV Staff Report, Staff Report

It’s Homecoming Week!  Tomorrow is a Blue Day, Wednesday a Silver Day, Thursday a White Day and Friday a Blue Day.  Thursday we will have an Assembly schedule for the morning.  You can find the Assembly Schedule posted in the windows of the Main Office, Counseling, Athletic/Attendance and Library.

Juniors, if you are registered and have paid to take the PSAT, please remember that the test will be this Wednesday in the gym. Please arrive by 7:15 a.m. with your school ID or state ID, two, #2 pencils and an approved calculator. No food, drinks, or cell phones allowed, or you will be asked to leave and your test will not be scored. If you have 1st lunch on silver days, please pack your lunch on Wednesday. If you have any questions please see your counselor.

Students and Staff:  You can support Breast Cancer research, the Lisa Nelson Memorial Scholarship and your Ralston Valley football team by purchasing your 3rd Annual Pink Football T-shirt today in the Athletics/Attendance office.  The cost is $10 for size small – XL, double and triple XL are $15.  Get yours before they are gone!!!

Come hang out with your friends and catch a flick at the Movie on the Field, tonight. Arrive  at 7:00 p.m. to watch Disney’s version of Hercules.  The movie will be outside so dress warm, bring blankets, but don’t worry about snacks – concessions will be sold.  The movie should end by 8:30 p.m.

Pre-Sale Homecoming Tickets are on sale now through Wednesday, October 14th, $15.00 Cash only during both lunches. You may only bring one non- RV guest to the dance. Buy early and avoid the $20.00 charge at the door.

Are you bringing a guest to Homecoming that does not attend RV? Be sure to pick up a permission slip in the main office. They are due back to the main office tomorrow October, 13th.

Alright Students! It’s time… look under your desks for hidden candy!

Come compete in a Homecoming Class Competition by decorating your class hallway for Homecoming. Today after school at 3:30 p.m.-  Freshmen and Seniors are in the L hallway, while Sophomores and Juniors are in the R hallway. This is a great way to earn NHS hours and your class will earn points towards the spirit stick at the assembly.

Teachers, it is now time to count how many students are dressed up today in your 2nd block. Please record the total on your tally sheet located on your door.

Tomorrow’s dress up day is Generation Day. Freshmen dress as babies, Sophomores as toddlers, Juniors as adults, Senior as senior citizens and staff as teenagers.

Juniors and Seniors interested in being Outdoor Lab Leaders for Sierra, VanArsdale, Coal Creek and Westwoods should attend an information meeting this Thursday from 7:25 – 7:45a.m. in the Counseling Office. We will review important dates, application process and expectations for an Outdoor Lab leader. All students interested in this opportunity for next semester should attend this meeting on Thursday during ICE and pick up an application.

Students:  Vanderhoof  Elementary is looking for Program Leaders for part- time employment at kids Adventures.  This is a paying job.  Go to Counseling for more information.

Seniors, there is still time left to apply for the Navy ROTC scholarship, which allows you to attend several colleges or universities free, or discounted by the United States Navy, with participation in ROTC.  If you are interested in finding out more about this program you can find information on the counseling website, or Naviance scholarships.  There will also be a representative from the Navy visiting on Monday, October 19th during both lunches.

Counseling Office College Visits:

TODAY

• University of Central Florida here at 10:30 a.m.

Tuesday, October 13

• Savannah College of Art and Design here at 9:30 a.m.
  • Colorado College here at 1:30 p.m.
  • Arizona State University here at 2:00 p.m.

Wednesday, October, 14

Bryn Mawr College here at 12:00p.m.

Hofstra University here at 1:30 p.m.

Interested students should come down at these times.