Morning Announcements for Tuesday, October 20, 2015

RV Staff Report, Staff Writer

Seniors!  Be sure to attend 3rd Block on Friday, October 23 to receive important information from Jostens about graduation.  Seniors without a class during 3rd block should report to the auditorium to hear this important presentation.  Questions can be directed to Mr. Litzau in the Main Office.

Girls interested in participating in girls’ swimming should attend the student/parent meeting tomorrow at 6:30 p.m. in the library.

A United States Marine Corps Recruiter will be in the cafeteria tomorrow from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.  Interested students should come down at this time.

RV High School Counselors are teaming up with the Boy Scouts of America’s Career Exploring Program.  Career Exploring is a career awareness program offered by local organizations to give young men and women, ages 14-20 years old, hands-on engaging experience in a variety of career fields of their choice.  Up Coming Open Houses:

• Veterinary Explorers Program TODAY at 6:30 p.m. in Wheat Ridge
  • Coral Key Scuba Club tomorrow in Arvada

For addresses and other information on these Open Houses, go to the Counseling Office.

Juniors who took the practice ACT should come to the auditorium to pick up your scores on Thursday, October 22, beginning at 7:15 a.m.  College Drive will be there to give a brief presentation on how to interpret your scores and prep for future tests. 

Do you volunteer at the local, state or national level? The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards are now accepting applications through Tuesday, November 3.   This program shines a spotlight on young people making a difference through volunteer service.  Top honorees earn cash prizes, crystal trophies and an all-expense paid trip with a parent to Washington, D.C. for the program’s annual national recognition event.  See Mrs. Stockmar in the Counseling Office for more information.

Vanderhoof Elementary is looking for Program leaders for part – time employment at Kids Adventures.  This is a paying job. Go to Counseling for more information.

There is a Performing and Visual Arts College Fair tonight in Denver from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. at the Infinity Park Event Center.  Go to the Counseling Office for more information.