Featured Presentations

Hollywood on big display during holiday season

If youre home alone for the holiday, you may want to check out this McCauley Caulkin classic.

If you’re home alone for the holiday, you may want to check out this McCauley Caulkin classic.

Allison Carr, Staff Writer

Tis the season for getting cozy on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate and watching classic holiday movies that everyone loves.

One of the best ways to relax after a hard week of finals is to zone out to some of the funniest and best Christmas movies.

There are many choices for holiday entertainment, but what will the students of RV be watching?

Daryn Lenahan, a junior at RV, shed some light on her favorite holiday movie.

“My favorite holiday movie would have to be ‘Santa Claus is Comin to Town’,” Lenahan said. “Around the holidays, I really enjoy spending time with family and friends.”

When thinking of holiday movies, the classics, of course, come to mind.

Nearly everyone has seen the iconic movie Elf, starring Will Ferrell.elf (Carr Online)

Who could possibly forget the famous line, “Buddy the elf, what’s your favorite color?”

It’s the perfect light-hearted comedy for the whole family.

Now for those of who like their holiday movie a little more action packed, the best choice would have to be Die Hard starring Bruce Willis.

This movie packs in the just the right amount of explosions and holiday cheer.Die Hard (online Carr)

If light hearted or action packed entertainment are not your favorites, then perhaps the movie ‘Love Actually’ will please you.

It’s the perfect date night, Christmas movie that is both cute and hilarious with romantic relationship scenarios that nearly everyone can relate to.

“I think my favorite would have to be ‘Home Alone’,” said junior Adalyn Morris.Home_alone (Online Carr)

Everyone remembers Kevin McCallister’s quip to criminals Marv and Harry, “Had enough? Or are you thirsty for more.”

Viewers are always thirsty for more, so let’s see what Hollywood has in store this holiday season.