Up to Date…Girl’s Swimming

Lifetouch Images

RV freshman Sydney Metzler (’21) has been a standout for the Mustangs this year. Metzler recently broke the RV school record in the 100 backstroke.

Allison Burback, Staff Writer

Girl’s Swimming

Looking Back:

January 12th: Placed first in Jeffco 5A Relay

Overall Scores:

Ralston Valley: 46

Lakewood: 38

Arvada West: 34

Columbine: 34

Looking Ahead:

January 20th: Conference meet vs. Columbine @ 5 PM

Coach Speak: The Ralston Valley girls’ swim team is back and ready to continue their season for the second semester. After finishing second for the league title last year, they are all hungry to compete and hopefully regain their title as champions. Senior and veteran swimmer, Emma Weaver (’18), explains that, “It’s going great. We’ve all made a lot of improvement in a short amount of time and we have a good chance to win back our league championship this year.” Looking ahead, Coach Sheryl Williams explains that, “We are looking to the league meet now with just 2 dual meets left.  We have 6 swimmers currently qualified for the State meet and 3 relays, plus we have 5 divers qualified for state and hopefully a 6th which is unheard of in the world of diving! We’ve had 1 team record broken already by Sydney Metzler (’21) in the 100 Back.” Boasting an undefeated record in league, the Mustangs hope to continue their winning streak with a conference meet against Columbine tomorrow.