Get in the Spirit

Spirit Days, assembly top Homecoming Week

Photo by Jeff Fleischman

Ben Gillespie (’16) and Holly Booton (’16) lead the senior class in the RV Tribal Dance during Thursday’s Homecoming Assembly.

Claire Cisler, Staff Writer

It’s homecoming time again.

From fancy dinners to expensive dresses, students certainly look forward to an exciting night of dancing to the theme ‘Go Greek or Go Home’.

“People make it such a big deal,” said Samantha Gordon (’16). “They blow it out of proportion more than what it is. People over do it.”

That aside, spirit week started with an American themed day as students dressed in American Flags or anything Red, White and Blue.

Following America Day, Tuesday brought the popular Generation Day to the hallways and classrooms of RV.

Freshman dressed as babies in their ever-so-cute ‘onesies’. Sophomores dressed as toddlers with pacifiers and pig tails. Juniors dressed cultured and business like as middle-aged, professional men and women.

But, best yet, seniors wore clothing and took on the persona of senior citizens.

Wednesday was dress up or dress down day, and students mixed and matched their pajamas with suits and professional clothing.

Thursday was class color day, or Toga Day, as recognized by seniors.

Today is Greek Life day as RV the school has turned into a pseudo college campuses.

Tonight, the Mustang football team looks to run its record to 6-1 overall as it takes on Bear Creek at the NAAC.

Ralston Valley is undefeated in homecoming football games dating back to the opening of the school, posting a 15-0 record.