Eyeing the Balls

With the oncoming game against the Patriots, everyone is sure to be checking and making sure that the footballs are properly inflated.

Kiki Grimes, Staff Writer

For us Broncos fans watching the Broncos face up against the Steelers this past Sunday was nerve wracking to say the least. However, like always, the Broncos somehow managed to pull through with an adroit victory. How they managed to do this without even scoring one single touchdown will remain a mystery to everyone. One things for sure though, if it wasn’t for our prodigious defense and kicker, Brandon McManus, we definitely wouldn’t have won.

As nerve wracking as this last game against the Steelers was, the upcoming game against the Patriots this Sunday might just cause some to have a heart attack. The Broncos have been known to choke up when playing the Patriots, resulting in an embarrassing defeat that Broncos fans don’t want to think about. However, things might end up differently this impending Sunday (fingers crossed) and result in a victory for the Broncos.

Having talked to some students and gathering their insights on the Brady vs. Manning matchup it doesn’t look so good for the Broncos. Kali Grubb, senior, states that although she hopes “that the Broncos will win, the Patriots will probably beat us because they always do”.

Similarly Hailey Peterson, senior, states that “The patriots will beat us. They are the better team and we always end up playing horribly when we play them”.

When asked who would win, the Broncos or the Patriots, Nicole Harker, senior, expresses that she wishes “the Patriots will win because my family loves them, and also because I am not a big fan of Peyton Manning”.

Issa Grimes, junior, states that “The Patriots will win because the Broncos suck”.

Sadly, the majority of the people whom I asked this question to responded in the same way. They all predicted that the Patriots would win over the Broncos. Way to show support to your home team guys! To each there own, I suppose!

There’s no telling what the outcome of the game this imminent Sunday will be though. However, I’m positive that the majority of people, who live in Colorado, besides the four people above, will be rooting for the Broncos to pull through and come out with a win. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to show the Patriots that you don’t need to be cheaters in order to win a football game!