What goes Into the Rodeo?

As the stockshow comes to town, many of the events found there have been classics and favorites for years.

Justin Henry

Many major corporations sponsor the Stockshow during its time in Denver.

Justin Henry, Staff Writer

The stock show is a great event to attend at least once a year. Many Ralston Valley students attend the stock show and they all highly recommend it. The pro rodeo is arguably the biggest event within the stock show.

The rodeo consists of multiple scored events like bronco riding, bareback bronco riding, team roping, steer wrestling, tie down roping, and the biggest event would be bull riding.

There are also smaller events within the large events such as mutton busting, which is a competition for small children to ride sheep as long as they can for a score. There are also several Westernaires performances within the show. These mostly consist of precision riding.

Allyson Marvel, (Ralston Valley student) says “she loves attending the rodeo and enjoys all events especially the bull riding.” Aside from the rodeo there are many other fun activities and events within the stock show. Such as the petting zoo where you can meet and pet various types of stock show animals. There are also many stands and shops around the grounds of the Denver coliseum. Many large companies sponsor the National Western Stock Show, such as US Bank, Justin boots, and Coors.

The Stock Show can be a very fun event for families or small groups to attend and is highly recommended to all Ralston Valley students.