RV’s Varsity Woman’s Basketball Coming in Hot

RV’s Varsity Woman’s Basketball is starting 2018 strong with 3 wins. Coach Gomer is confident that they have a strong chance of getting the win tonight against Chatfield. Tip off at 7:00pm

Spencer Ackerman, Staff Writer

Girls Basketball (Currently 9-1)

Looking Back: (Dec. 12 – Jan. 6)

Dec. 12: RV 58, Arapahoe 33

Dec. 15: RV 59, Rampart 37

Dec. 19: RV 74, Broomfield 36

Jan. 3: RV 72, Monarch 29

Jan. 4: RV 59, Lakewood 45

Jan. 6: RV 69, Bear Creek 41

Looking Ahead: (Jan. 12-20)

Jan. 12: @ Chatfield

Jan. 17: vs. Dakota Ridge

Jan. 20: @ Columbine

The 2018 Girls Basketball season is starting with amazing victories for this RV team. They started off the year against our worthy adversaries, the Louisville Monarchs, winning a great game 72 to 29. Delaynie Byrne(Sr) led the game with 34 points and coming in clutch Shelby Nichols(Jr) with 14 points. It was truly an astonishing game. The Mustangs then pulled another fast one in last thursday’s game against the feared Lakewood Tigers, but, RV more than held their own with a final score of 59-45. Bryne made a swift 2pt in the last quarter.

Ralston Valley entered the game with a 8-1 record attempting to get their goal against bear creek to be 9-1. The girls pulled a fast one winning the game 69-41 with Sydney Bevington scoring 19 points for the team. Sydney is a RV freshman who is coming in hot and ready to beat one of RV’s rivals, Chatfield tonight at 7:00pm. Ralston Valley is 9-1 hopefully getting another win tonight.

Reporter: Mr Gomer, how do you think the Varsity Girls Basketball team is going this season?

Coach Gomer said, “I think they are very promising this year. We are a very good team with good players. We are top ten in the state and still going strong. We lost to the number one team in the state but we are ready for a comeback.”

Reporter: Is there anything that the team needs to improve on?

Coach Gomer: “Yes, but we are working hard and hoping for another win tonight with Chatfield.”