The Artists Den

Two RV seniors to have art work showcased at Foothills Art Show

photo by Spencer Ackerman

RV senior Madison Callaway puts in some work in the art studio earlier this week. Callaway is set to have her work displayed at the 5th Annual Foothills Art Show.

Spencer Ackerman, Staff Writer

This year’s 5th Annual Foothills Art show looks very promising for some RV contributors.

These extremely talented students, Madison Callaway (’18) and Mackenzie Winchester (’18), are entered in the show.

Mrs. Heather Munoz entered these amazing students in a showcase from all Jeffco Schools K-12 for a 12-week period. This showcase shows the hard work and dedication throughout the Jeffco community and shows our students creative side.

This year’s topic of choice for the Foothills Art Show is ‘The Power of Process’.

For the event, Callaway crafted a tasteful blue bowl with a nice slip trailing, and Winchester created a beautiful ceramic human heart with an arrow through the side.

‘The Power of Process’ topic brings out the creative skills and ideas from each individual student showcasing their diverse work.

There will be more Art-related updates at the end of January when more events begin to occur.

Spencer Ackerman
This ceramic heart, created by RV senior Makenzie Winchester, will be one of two Mustang contributions to the 5th Annual Foothills Art Show.