Academic Success at Ralston Valley

Students received their hard earned academic awards on Monday, October 5.

Academic Awards took place on October 5

Lauren Owens, Staff Writer

The Academic Awards Ceremony is one of the more popular events at Ralston Valley High School. On October 5th, 2015, a group of students from each grade stood proudly to claim their award. Many were happy to announce that they had received a letter for their success. Achieving fantastic academics is a great accomplishment. It takes hard work to manage grades.

The ceremony itself went very well. RV’s principal, Gavan Goodrich, gave a shoutout to the people who do more than just school work every day. It is important to recognize the lasting hard work our school manages to keep continuous.

The parents were also recognize for their support and impact they have on each student. “It made me happy that my parents were proud of me,” student Heidi Immel explains. Overall, the event stood out as a well-planned and exciting night.

Every student should feel they have an opportunity to be successful. An interview took me to find out the secret behind the level of achievement RV obtains.

“I was proud that I was able to get a high GPA,” Heidi says. “I always have higher goals for this year, however.” The young high schoolers at RV always have high standards for themselves. That’s what makes our school great.

The majority of students care enough to put in the time and effort to achieve academic success. That group represents Ralston Valley in a positive way. The Academic Awards Ceremony should always be a night to remember. The recognition of specific students is important for the school as a whole. Every person who decides to set a goal and work to achieve it, is an example to others. Each one of us can be an important figure in the school, and to the people around us.