A New Head of Hair…a New Personality

Hadley Hagemann

Changing one’s hair color is a great way to express their personality.

Hadley Hagemann, Staff Writer

We often associate people we know with the color of their hair, rather that be blonde, brunette, or black. Of course, girls have turned to dyeing their hair to match their personality, mixing and matching those three colors in ways that make them the most confident.

However three measly colors have failed to define all personalities, hence why bright hair colors seems to be the new form of expression.

Girls (and boys) are taking dyeing their hair to a whole new level, making blue, green, purple, etc. the face of their personality.

Yet what do people think of the girl with neon pink hair?

“I think it shows their personality, and their different traits,” said Freshman Avery Drosty.

Freshman, Angelina Thammavong agreed saying, “I think it expresses themselves and their personalities”. She continued to say that no matter if the colors were natural or bright, dyed hair looked good.

“I like it, it shows your personality,” said Freshman Paige Larrington; and continued to say, “I would like to color my hair”.

The trend continued with girls finding fun in dyeing their hair, but the story changed a little when talking to some boys.

“Yeah it’s kind of attractive, but not that much,” said Freshman Damon Rewerts, and continued to say, “I much prefer natural hair”.

Boys seem to prefer the “natural” look (even if they don’t realize it’s dyed), but there is always the exception.

Senior, Zach McCormick said, “I think dyed hair is awesome, it lets people express their individuality and uniqueness,” and continued to say, “Not to mention it looks sweet too”.

All in all, it comes down to what makes you happy. If you want blue hair with orange streaks — go for it. If you want blonde hair instead of brown — go for it! And if your natural hair color makes you feel the most confident, all power to you.

Students all contain their own opinions on how others look, and truthfully you’re going to be judged in high school regardless. So be yourself, and show everyone your true colors (literally).