National Honors Society New Leadership Enductees

Katie Resendez, Student Writer

Ralston’s Valleys National Honor Society has had their newly inducted and existing members vote for the presidents, historians, and parliamentarians. ¨National Honor Society is a club here at Ralston Valley,¨ says NHS Co-Sponsor Mrs. Reid, ¨we have a Ralston Valley chapter of a national organization that is composed of juniors and seniors with a 3.6 or higher GPA, and they complete 40 hours of service throughout the year.¨

Students who join NHS are often motivated, kind, and looking for ways to help the people around them. Sophomore Reagan Sawano said, “I think of people that represent the school and they do good things, they do a lot of community service.”

NHS is contacted by the community a lot. At RVHS they are contacted all the time by people who need help, so they go out to elementary schools to middle school and community events. This year they spearheaded the Paint the Town Blue initiative to celebrate our seniors, and every year they are involved with Food Bank of the Rockies and Food Pantry. The City of Arvada has contacted them from time to time to have junior leaders, and have a student perspective for city-wide projects. Here at the school, we often see their main events as Trick-or-Treat-Street and Trivia Night, they open themselves to the community for so much more.
Their website has additional information for NHS members and the community. https://sites.google.com/jeffcoschools.us/rvnhs/service-opportunities,¨We are a resource to the community, and we give up our time and our service to help others,¨said Mrs. Reid.

Traditionally, NHS has been the largest club at RV. On May 7, members of NHS met outside of the cafeteria to elect leadership for next year. Following the COVID guidelines, members presented and listened to speeches in order to decide on who they want to help guide us through the next year. Next year’s leadership:

President: Hunter Stricker
Vice President: Zoe Bertino
Senior Parliamentarians: Gabrielle Miller, Brendan Church, Kaylie Marrs
Historian: Sydney Wilken
Secretary: Casia Provencal
Junior Parliamentarians: Michael Nguyen, Joslyn Marrone, Dylan Mitchel, Katie Resendez