Morning Announcements for Friday, October 9, 2015

RV Staff Report, Staff Writer

Next week is Homecoming Week!   Please note that Monday will be a White Day, Tuesday a Blue Day, Wednesday a Silver Day, Thursday a White Day and Friday a Blue Day.  Thursday we will have an Assembly schedule for the morning.  You can find the Assembly Schedule posted in the windows of the Main Office, Counseling, Athletic/Attendance and Library.

Students and Staff:  You can support Breast Cancer research, the Lisa Nelson Memorial Scholarship and your Ralston Valley football team by purchasing your 3rd Annual Pink Football T-shirt today in the Athletics/Attendance office.  The cost is $10 for size small – XL, double and triple XL are $15.  Get yours before there gone!!!

Join us as we kick off homecoming tomorrow morning with our Annual Mustang Stampede.  Bring your family, your neighbors and your friends to join us for a great morning celebrating Ralston Valley and Coach Lisa Nelson.  Race starts at 9:00 a.m.  If you have not registered yet it is not too late, registration starts at 8:00 a.m.  Be sure to stick around for the free pancake breakfast!

On Monday, don’t forget to dress up in your favorite USA gear.  Go all out in your red, white and blue as you will be competing for class spirit points all week!

Come hang out with your friends and catch a flick at the Movie on the Field, on Monday, October 12.  Show up to RV by 7:00 p.m. to watch Disney’s version of Hercules.  The movie will be outside so dress warm, bring blankets, but don’t worry about snacks – concessions will be sold.  The movie should end by 8:30 p.m.

Come compete in a Homecoming Class Competition by decorating your class hallway for Homecoming.  It is after school on Monday, October 12 at 3:30 p.m.  Freshmen and Seniors are in the L hallway, while sophomores and juniors are in the R hallway. This is a great way to earn NHS hours and your class will earn points towards the spirit stick at the assembly.

The RV Mountain Bikers will be kicking off Homecoming week with their final regular season race on Sunday!  Come cheer on you Mustangs as they take on the Chalk Creek Stampede in Nathrop, CO.  Don’t forget to see Coach Davis in T1137 to purchase RV socks in preparation for the Lisa Nelson 5k and Homecoming week!

Seniors there is still time left to apply for the Navy ROTC scholarship, which allows you to attend several colleges or universities free or discounted by the United States Navy with participation in ROTC.  If you are interested in finding out more about this program you can find information on the counseling website or Naviance scholarships.  There will also be a representative from the Navy visiting on Monday, October 19th during both lunches.

Students:  Vanderhoof Elementary is looking for Program Leaders for part- time employment at kids Adventures.  This is a paying job.  Go to Counseling for more information.

Counseling Office College Visits:

TODAY

• Whitworth University here at 9:00 a.m.
  • University of South Florida – Tampa here at 9:30 a.m.
  • Savannah College of Art and Design here at 10:00 a.m.
  • Butler University here at 12:00 p.m.
  • Hollins University here 1:30 p.m.

Monday, October 12

• University of Central Florida here at 10:30 a.m.

Tuesday, October 13

• Savannah College of Art and Design here at 9:30 a.m.
  • Colorado College here at 1:30 p.m.
  • Arizona State University here at 2:00 p.m.

Interested students should come down at these times.

Upcoming Area College Visits:

TODAY

• Denver National College Fair at Denver Mart from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
  • Boston University at Denver Marriott Tech Center at 6:30 p.m.
  • Washington University – St. Louis at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek at 7:00 p.m.

You may see the Counseling window or Log in to NAVIANCE for more information on any upcoming college or university visits.