Morning Announcement for Monday, January 11, 2016

RV Staff Report, Staff Report

Interested in competing in the Colorado Science Bowl?  Come to S1120 tomorrow to tryout during I.C.E.  The competition will be on Saturday, February 20

Interested in traveling to Ireland and England?  Come to a student information meeting in E2249 tomorrow at 8:30 a.m.

BIG REMINDER…RVHS is going to Italy to attend a Global Leadership Summit, just like the one we saw in the video announcement last week, and this one is all about the future of food! If you’re interested in attending or just getting more information please attend an information meeting next Tuesday, January 12 from 8:30 –  9:00 a.m. in W2223. We’ll also be collecting RSVP’s for a parent informational meeting at the end of the month.

Interested in getting an RV Mascot window decal?  You can get one for $3 in the Athletic Office.

Attention Baseball Players:  Winter workouts begin tomorrow at 5:00 p.m. at the Elite Facility.  Workouts will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. – noon.  Fees are due to Coach Falconi before you can participate, so make sure you see him in E2240 if you have not paid.

Reflections artists were recently honored at Red Rocks Community College.  The district received over 640 entries from 50 schools.  Out of our submission, six works from Ralston Valley Artists were chosen for additional awards.  These artists received an Award of Excellence.  Their work will now move to the Reflections State Level for additional judging.  Congratulations to Brandon Stehr, Ariana Beard, Carson McCabe and Calvin Maurer.  Emma Albertoni received an award of Merit.  The state entries will be judged in January.  We wish our artists the best and possible movement to the National Level!!

Lakewood Sister Cities Australian Student Exchange Program is currently recruiting freshmen and sophomore students enrolled in Jefferson County Public Schools to participate in the 2016/2017 Student Exchange.  There are 2 more opportunities for students to get information about the program.  Tonight the interest meeting will be held from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. at Lakewood Cultural Center.  Go to Counseling for more information.