Morning Announcements for Tuesday, January 26, 2016

RV Staff Report, Staff Report

Come out and support Unified Basketball tonight as they take on Lakewood here at RV at 6:30 p.m.

Congratulations to senior Hannah Weber!  She has been selected to be a semi-finalist for the ASPIRE Athlete of the Week!  Please make sure you go online and vote for her.  You can vote once a day, every day at www.AspireAthleteOfTheWeek.com/denver

There will be a Boy’s Swim meeting for interested students on Thursday, January 28 at 6:00 p.m. in the library.

Attention students interested in playing a spring sport, the deadline for turning in your athletic paperwork is Wednesday, February 24.  Please see the Athletics page on RV’s website or the Athletic/Attendance office for the paperwork.  

All this week we will be fundraising for Make-A-Wish Colorado, in the name of our wish kid, Logan.  We will be learning more about Logan throughout the week.  You will have an opportunity to meet Logan on Thursday at our assembly, where he is going to share his musical talent with all of us!  Our goal is to raise at least $16,500, so we have a lot to do RV!  We know that you are up to the challenge! Let’s come together and Make a Difference!  Go Mustangs and go Logan!

• Tonight be sure to stop by Abo’s Pizza from 4:00 – 9:00 p.m.  Abo’s will make a donation towards RV’s Make-A-Wish efforts so stop in for some good food while supporting a great cause!
  • Who doesn’t love Chick-fil-A?  Everyday this week, after school from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. you can go to Chick-fil-A on 80th and Wadsworth, mention RVHS, and Chick-fil-a will donate part of the proceeds to our Make-A-Wish efforts.
  • Attend the Hockey game tonight at 6:30 p.m. as RV takes on Monarch at the APEX.  Student Government will be hosting a Miracle Minute during the first intermission, so bring your change!  Also, by a puck for “Chuck A Puck.”  All funds go to Make-A-Wish.
  • Tomorrow is Rock ‘n’Roll Day which means dress up in your best rock ‘n’ roll or punk rock attire.
  • Want to delay the start of your 3rd block tomorrow until 9:30 a.m.?  We will be hosting our Annual Penny Stalls fundraiser.  Bring ALL your coins to stall the start of your 3rd block.  Teachers will have to count all the coins before 3rd block can start.
  • Have you seen the signs and jugs out in the lobby?   Be sure to pay to play:  Play it Don’t Play it.  This will allow you to decide what music we listen to during passing periods on Friday.
  • The Annual Color Fusion Dance is this Saturday from 8:00 – 11:00 p.m.  A new feature this year will be the casino in the cafeteria.  Come join us for a fun evening where all proceeds will go to Make-A-Wish.  Remember that if you are bringing a date from another school you need to have those permission slips turned in ASAP.   All students must have an ID to enter the dance.  The cost is $10 (CASH ONLY) at the door.  Our school dress code applies, and remember:  NO GLOW STICKS!

WarrenTech will host an Open House tomorrow from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. at both campus locations.

Chadron State College will be in the Counseling Office tomorrow at 9:30 a.m.  Interested students should come down at this time.