Morning Announcements for Thursday, January 28, 2016

RV Staff Report, Staff Report

Attention seniors that are planning on playing collegiate athletics.  National Signing Day is around the corner.  Please see Ms. Beauchamp in the Athletics Office to let her know if you will be signing and with what college.  RV Athletics would like to recognize our athletes that plan on playing at the next level.  National Signing Day is Wednesday, February 3.

There will be a Girl’s Golf meeting for interested students on Tuesday, February 2 at 8:30 a.m. in the wresting room.

There is a parent information meeting TONIGHT regarding the 2017 trip to Italy.  The meeting will be from 6:00 -7:00 p.m. in C2235.

There will be a Boy’s Swim meeting for interested students tonight at 6:00 p.m. in the library.

Make-A-Wish News:

• Tomorrow is Country/Western Day, so dress up in your best western wear.
  • TODAY is your last opportunity to PAY to PLAY:  Play it Don’t Play it.  This will allow you to decide what music we listen to during passing periods tomorrow.  Look for the signs and jugs out in the lobby?   
  • Don’t forget to go to Chick-fil-A TODAY and TOMORROW after school from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. on 80th and Wadsworth, mention RVHS, and Chick-fil-a will donate part of the proceeds to our Make-A-Wish efforts.
  • The Annual Color Fusion Dance is this Saturday from 8:00 – 11:00 p.m.  A new feature this year will be the casino in the cafeteria.  Come join us for a fun evening where all proceeds will go to Make-A-Wish.  Remember that if you are bringing a date from another school you must have those permission slips turned in by 3:00 p.m. TODAY!   All students must have an ID to enter the dance.  The cost is $10 (CASH ONLY) at the door.  Our school dress code applies, and remember:  NO GLOW STICKS!

Congratulations to Devin Ruff for submitting the first inspirational saying for the semester to the Clinic.  Anyone can submit a saying to the Clinic.  If yours is drawn, it will go up on the board and you will win a prize.  See Ms Colchin in the Clinic for more information.

A representative from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs will be in the Counseling Office on Monday, February 1 at 1:30 p.m.  Interested students should come down at this time.

Colorado School of Mines will host a High School Girls Leadership Conference on Saturday, February 6 from 8:30 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.   You should preregister by Friday, January 29 to attend.  Go to Counseling for more information.